Members of the Brantford Police Service were dispatched to a Darling Street location after receiving a report to advise of a possible impaired driver on Saturday, August 12, 2023.
Officers were advised that a vehicle had crashed into a fence and the driver was observed displaying strange behaviour.
Officers attended and, in speaking with the driver, observed signs of impairment. The accused was transported to provide samples of breath as required by law. Both samples were over twice the legal limit.
Additionally, as required by law, the driver was unable to provide her licence, proof of valid insurance, and the vehicle was being operated without a valid permit.
As a result, a 35-year-old female non-resident of Brantford was arrested and stands charged with the following offences:
- Operation while Impaired – Alcohol, contrary to the Criminal Code
- Operation while Impaired – Blood alcohol concentration, contrary to the Criminal Code
- Driver Fail to Surrender Licence, contrary to the Highway Traffic Act
- Drive Motor Vehicle Not Currently Validated, contrary to the Highway Traffic Act
- Fail to Have Insurance Card
Additionally, the vehicle was impounded, and the licence of the driver was suspended.