Members of the Brantford Police Service Tactical Intelligence Generating Enforcement and Response Unit (T.I.G.E.R.) completed a drug trafficking investigation named Project Viking on Thursday, September 8.
In May of 2022, a project was initiated in regard to a male from the Greater Toronto Area suspected of attending Brantford and surrounding jurisdictions in order to supply the area with fentanyl and methamphetamine.
As a result of the investigation three Controlled Drugs and Substances Act search warrants had been obtained and executed at addresses on Darling Street, and a vehicle associated to the investigation. The three warrants were executed with the assistance of the Brantford Police Service Emergency Response Team.
Following the search officers seized the following:
- Digital scale
- Brass knuckles
- Cell phones
- Two presses
- Mixing containers
- Sifting cups
- Vacuum sealer
- A Quantity of Canadian currency
- Approximately 1204.5 grams of suspected Fentanyl
- Approximately 772 grams of suspected Methamphetamine
The total estimated street value of the seized illicit drugs is $636,200.
As a result of the investigation Brandon COOPER, 34, of Brampton, stands charged with the following:
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking contrary to the Controlled Drug and Substances Act X 2
- Possession, sale etc., for Use in Production of or Trafficking in Substance contrary to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.
- Possession of Prohibited Weapon (to wit; Brass Knuckles) contrary to the Criminal Code
The accused was held for bail.