Members of the Brantford Police Service Tactical Intelligence Generated Enforcement and Response (T.I.G.E.R) Unit completed a firearms investigation on Thursday, June 2, 2022.
As a result of the investigation, a Search Warrant had been obtained and executed at an address on Colborne Street. The warrant was executed with the assistance of the Brantford Police Service Emergency Response Team.
As a result of the search, officers seized the following:
- 12-gauge shotgun
- Armoured vest
- Cell phones
- Canadian currency
- Approximately 18.2 grams of suspected Fentanyl
- Approximately 14 grams of suspected Cocaine
- Approximately 29.9 grams of suspected Methamphetamine
The seized illicit drugs have a total approximate street value of $16,2155.
As a result of the investigation, Colton ETMANSKI, 25, of Brantford, stands charged with the following:
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking X 3, contrary to the Controlled Drug and Substances Act
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm, contrary to the Criminal Code
- Careless storage of a firearm, contrary to the Criminal Code
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose, contrary to the Criminal Code
- Knowledge of unauthorized possession of a firearm, contrary to the Criminal Code
- Possession contrary to prohibition order contrary to the Criminal Code
The accused was held for bail.