Patrol officers with the Brantford Police Service received a driving complaint from a concerned citizen regarding a possible impaired driver in the area of Market Street and Nelson Street at approximately 12:30 a.m. on Thursday, November 10, 2022.
Officers located the suspect vehicle and conducted a traffic stop. Speaking with the driver, officers observed signs of impairment and open alcohol containers in clear view and within reach of the driver.
The accused was found to be a novice driver and in violation of the terms of the G2 licence. The accused was unable to provide proof of insurance as well as the vehicle registration as required by law.
The accused was transported in order to provide samples of her breath as required by law. Both samples were over the legal limit.
As a result, a 24-year-old female from Brantford stands charged with the following:
- Operation While Impaired – Blood Alcohol Concentration, contrary to the Criminal Code
- Novice Driver – B.A.C. Above Zero, contrary to the Highway Traffic Act
- Driving Motor Vehicle with Liquor Readily Available, contrary to the Liquor Licence Control Act
- Fail To Surrender Insurance Card, contrary to the Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act
- Fail To Surrender Permit for Motor Vehicle, contrary to the Highway Traffic Act
Additionally, the vehicle was impounded and the driver’s licence of the accused, suspended.