The next phase of construction is set to begin on the redevelopment of Dufferin Park.
This past weekend, the former Dufferin Clubhouse was demolished as a first step in implementing the new Dufferin Park Plan, which is intended to make the park more inclusive and appeal to a wider range of residents’ interests and activities. During the construction period, the public is reminded to stay outside the fenced areas for their safety.
Residents can look forward to new and improved Dufferin Park amenities that will include:
- Six new tennis courts with lighting and access to shade structures
- Six new pickleball courts with lighting and access to shade structures
- An asphalt multi-use area including a basketball court
- A play area and shade structure
- A modern new central public building with an eating area, storage and washrooms
- New parking lot with accessible spaces and drop-off area
- Paved trails
- Enhanced landscaping
The new one thousand square foot Dufferin Park public building will be centrally located within the park, and will feature a covered entryway, meeting space with a food preparation counter, a back veranda with patio space for outdoor activities and events, a new storage room and accessible and universal public washrooms. The modern new public building will also be available to rent for community/group events.
Design funding was approved for lawn bowling to be relocated to the Walter Gretzky Municipal Golf Course and Learning Centre, now featuring a recently built new clubhouse including a full-size banquet room, commercial kitchen, members lounge, and wrap around outdoor patio overlooking the picturesque course.