Officers with the Brantford Police Service responded to firearm related call in the area of St. Paul Avenue and King George Road at approximately 8:45 p.m. on Tuesday, November 8, 2022.
Police were provided information that a road rage incident had occurred between two men, resulting in the accused pointing a firearm at the victim.
No physical injuries were sustained as a result of the incident.
Officers attended the scene. The accused was located and arrested.
Search incident to arrest located the following:
- Two loaded handguns with prohibited magazines and tampered serial number
- Knife (determined to be a prohibited weapon)
- Drug paraphernalia
- Quantity of Canadian currency
- Approximately 100 grams of suspected crystal methamphetamine, with an estimated street value of $12,000
- Approximately 33.7 grams of suspected psilocybin, with an estimated street value of $330
- Approximately 10.5 grams of suspected fentanyl, with an estimated street value of $2,625
- Approximately 7 grams of suspected cocaine, with an estimated street value of $700
The total estimated street value of drugs seized was $15,655.
As a result of the investigation, Jack CONWAY, 21, of Brant County stands charged with the following Criminal Code violations:
- Assault with a Weapon
- Pointing a Firearm
- Using a Firearm in a Commission of an Offence
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose
- Careless Use of a Firearm x 7
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm (Restricted Firearm) x 2
- Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition x 2
- Tampering with a Serial Number
- Possession of Prohibited Weapon (knife)
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession x 2
- Possession of a firearm with altered Serial Number
- Transport Firearms x 2
- Unauthorized Possession in a Motor Vehicle x 6
Additionally, CONWAY stands charged with the following under the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act:
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking a Schedule I Substance x 3
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking a Schedule II Substance
The accused was held for a bail hearing.