As the holiday period quickly approaches, Brant Community Healthcare System (BCHS) is reminding community members that it is safe to access their facilities and receive care.
“Please do not delay care if you need it,” BCHS said in a statement. “We’re here for you, and are taking every possible precaution to keep patients safe.”
If you require care over the holiday season, please note available services in Brantford-Brant.
Emergency Care – Brantford General Hospital Emergency Department
The Emergency Department (ED) at Brantford General Hospital treats patients with serious illness or injuries such as loss of consciousness, chest pain, stroke like symptoms or difficulty breathing.
The BGH ED is open 24/7, every day of the year. You can check current wait times at https://www.bchsys.org/en/care-services/emergency.aspx#wait-times
Urgent Care – The Willett Urgent Care Centre in Paris
You should visit the Willett when you have an urgent but non-threatening illness or injury such as sprains, strains, stitches or minor burns. The Willett is open during the holidays the following times:
- December 24 to 25 – 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- December 26 to 30 – 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- December 31 and January 1 – 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- January 2 – 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
To check the current wait times at the Willett Urgent Care Centre, please visit https://www.bchsys.org/en/care-services/willett-urgent-care-centre.aspx.
COVID, Cough, Flu Care Clinic (CCFCC) and COVID testing – the CCFCC provides an alternative to the ED or urgent care for patients experiencing viral symptoms, who may qualify for antiviral treatment. The CCFCC is right for you if:
- You (or your child) are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, strep, bronchitis, pneumonia, ear infection, cold or flu, sinus infection, vomiting, or diarrhea.
- You have been unable to book an appointment with your primary care provider, or you have been referred to this clinic by a healthcare provider.
- You are unable to safely monitor your symptoms at home.
The CCFCC will also continue to provide COVID-19 testing for eligible persons. Visit the BCHS website for this criteria https://www.bchsys.org/covid-testing/.
The CCFCC operates in two locations:
Brantford Brant – in conjunction with the Willett Urgent Care Centre.
- December 24 – 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- December 25 – closed
- December 26 – 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- December 31 – 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- January 1 – closed
There will be a physician on-site at the CCFCC from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. on December 24, 26, and 31.
Other than the above date and times, the Brantford Brant CCFCC is open 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. 7 days a week, closed between 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. each day.
Appointment only and walk-ins are not accepted. To book an appointment visit the 24/7 online self-booking tool: https://www.bchsys.org/en/covid-19-online-scheduling.aspx, email Covid.email@example.com with your name and telephone number, or by calling the hotline at (519) 751-5818, available Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.