Members of the Brantford Police Service Tactical Intelligence Generated Enforcement and Response Unit (T.I.G.E.R.) initiated a drug trafficking investigation on Wednesday, June 29, 2022.
As a result of the investigation, a search warrant was obtained and executed at a Drummond Street residence on July 8, 2022. The warrant was executed with the assistance of the Brantford Police Service Emergency Response Team.
As a result of the search, officers seized the following:
- 335.6 grams (approx.) of suspected fentanyl with an estimated street value of $134,240
- 545.4 grams (approx.) of suspected crystal methamphetamine with an estimated street value of $81,810
- Large quantity of Canadian currency
- Packaging materials commonly used in the trafficking of illicit substances
- Digital scale
- Three (3) cell phones
The total estimated street value of the illicit substances seized is $216,050.
As a result of the investigation, Jonathon LUDWIG, 35, of Brantford, stands charged with the following:
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking x 2, contrary to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
- Breach probation, contrary to the Criminal Code
And Dakota COLEMAN, 22, of Brantford, stands charged with the following:
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking x2, contrary to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
The accused were held for bail.