Officers with the Brantford Police Service were conducting speed enforcement on Colborne Street East at Clara Crescent when a motorist was observed travelling at a very high rate of speed at approximately 12:45 p.m. on Tuesday, February 28, 2023.
The vehicle was travelling at a recorded speed of 113 km/hr in a 50km/hr zone.
Officers attempted to conduct a traffic stop however, the vehicle failed to stop for police.
Investigation revealed that the driver of the vehicle was an unlicensed minor who stands charged with multiple offences. Charges were officially laid on March 11, 2023.
As a result of this investigation, the accused, a 15-year-old youth, stands charged with the following Highway Traffic Act violations:
- Drive Motor Vehicle – Perform Stunt – Speeding in excess of 40 km/hr
- Speeding – 113 km/h in a 50 km/h zone
- Careless Driving
- Speeding – 80 km/h in a 60 km/h zone
- Drive Motor Vehicle – No Licence
- Escape by flight – willfully engaging in police pursuit