Members of the Brantford Police Service Tactical Intelligence Generated Enforcement and Response Unit (T.I.G.E.R.) initiated a drug trafficking investigation on Saturday, July 9, 2022.
As a result of the investigation, officers attended a residence on Brant Ave to arrest a man. Once officers identified themselves, the accused fled on foot.
After a short foot chase, officers apprehended the suspect.
Search incident to arrest located a fully loaded .45 caliber handgun and a large quantity of Canadian currency in possession of the accused.
As a result of the investigation, Olanzo NELSON, 23, of Toronto, stands charged with the following Criminal Code offences:
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm with ammunition
- Carrying a concealed weapon
- Possession weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Knowledge of unauthorized possession of a firearm
The accused was held for bail.