Members of the Brantford Police Service Tactical Intelligence Generated Enforcement and Response Unit (TIGER) launched a drug investigation in July 2023 to target fentanyl trafficking in the City of Brantford.
As a result of the investigation, on Friday, October 6, 2023, a Controlled Drugs and Substances Act warrant was granted. With the assistance of the Brantford Police Services Emergency Response Team, the warrant was executed at a Tecumseh Street residence.
Following the operation, the following items were seized:
- Approximately 609 grams of suspected fentanyl, with an estimated street value of $121,960
- Approximately 410 grams of suspected crystal methamphetamine, with an estimated street value of $41,220
- Approximately 10 grams of suspected cocaine, with an estimated street value of $1,030
- A quantity of prescription pills, consisting of hydromorphone and Percocet, with an estimated street value of $9,930
- Multiple cell phones
- Digital scale
- A large amount of cutting agents, commonly used in drug production
- Canadian currency
- Rifle – Winchester Model 94
The total estimated street value of the seized illicit drugs is $174,140.
As a result of the investigation, a 40-year-old female resident of Brantford, and a 19-year-old male non-resident of Brantford, each stand charged with the following Controlled Drugs and Substances Act and Criminal Code violations:
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking x4
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm,
- Knowledge of unauthorized possession of a firearm
Both accused have been held for bail.