Children, ages 13 to 18, can participate in the Your Time Youth Program running every Wednesday, from April 13 until May 25 at 7:00 p.m. at the Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre. The City is developing innovative programs that combine sport, recreation, mental well-being, and life skills to provide holistic support to our community’s youth.
“This program allows youth to get active, build healthy relationships, and learn about important topics relating to physical and mental health,” said Stephanie Cooper, Community Development Coordinator for the City of Brantford. “We understand the importance recreation plays in the health and well-being of youth, their families, and our community as a whole.”
The program runs for seven weeks and includes:
- Yoga and Safe Relationships facilitated by Brantford Police Services and Nova Vita
- Basketball Skills and Mental Health facilitated by Woodview Mental Health and Autism Services
- Basketball Skills and Safe Online Dating facilitated by Nova Vita
- Fitness Fun and Practicing Self-Care facilitated by Nova Vita
- Basketball Skills and Cybercrime Prevention facilitated by Brantford Police Services
- Yoga and Mindfulness facilitated by Woodview Mental Health and Autism Services
- Basketball Skills and How to Support a Friend facilitated by Nova Vita
Participants will be entered for the chance to win a $5.00 Tim Hortons gift card after each program. Pre-registration is required to attend. To register and learn more, visit Brantford.ca/YourTime.
The Your Time Youth Program is funded through the Canadian Tire Corporation’s Jumpstart Charities Sports Relief Fund. The fund helps partnering community organizations continue to provide access to sport and recreation for children and youth.