Members of the Brantford Police Service High Enforcement Action Team (HEAT) launched a drug investigation in August 2023, dubbed Project White Rhino, to target the illegal trafficking of drugs in the City of Brantford.
As a result of the investigation, three Controlled Drugs and Substances Act search warrants were granted and then executed on Thursday, November 9, 2023.
With the assistance of the Brantford Police Services Emergency Response Team, Tactical Intelligence Generated Enforcement and Response Unit (TIGER), the Criminal Intelligence Unit, K-9 and uniform patrol, the warrants were executed at three separate locations: Paris Road, Seneca Crescent, and Banks Street.
Following the operation, the following items were seized:
- Cannabis edibles, with an estimated street value of $7,302
- Approximately 6,355 grams of cannabis (bud), with an estimated street value of $95,325
- Approximately 1,0000 grams of cannabis (hash), with an estimated street value of $25,000
- Approximately 381 grams of psilocybin (schedule III), with an estimated street value of $3,615
- Approximately 62.4 grams of suspected Methamphetamine (schedule III), with an estimate street value of $6,240
- Canadian currency
- Multiple cell phones
- Large quantity of packaging materials
The total estimated street value of the seized illicit drugs is $137,190.
As a result of the investigation, four Brantford residents have been arrested and stand charged with numerous Cannabis Act and Controlled Drugs and Substances Act charges.