Construction is set to begin on a new multi-use community centre at the current site of the Paris Lawn Bowling Club on Tuesday, September 5, 2023
Demolition of the existing clubhouse will take place this fall, followed by the construction of a new, small community centre. Construction is expected to be completed in spring 2024.
The new space will have a capacity of 60 people and will be utilized by the Paris Lawn Bowling Club and the Paris Seniors Club.
Once complete, the space will also be used for County of Brant recreation programs, as well as available for public rentals
Background on the Paris Lawn Bowling Club:
In 2019, the County of Brant completed a Feasibility Study regarding the replacement of the Paris Lawn Bowling Clubhouse located at 169 Grand River N. Paris. The final report recommended that the facility be replaced with new construction.
The new building will feature:
- Modern exterior design that is reminiscent of the existing building
- Outdoor covered patio – 513 sq. ft.
- Multi-purpose room – 1,098 sq. ft.
- Accessible entrance and washrooms
- Outdoor equipment storage
- New parking lot with 2 accessible spaces and 16 standard parking stalls
- Net zero building structure
The reasons for the new site include:
- Create a multi-purpose space that can be utilized by the members of the Lawn Bowling Club and Paris Seniors Club
- Create a facility that can be used year-round unlike the current facility that can only be used seasonally
- Provide rental opportunities for the community