Officers with the Brantford Police Service have arrested a woman believed responsible for a July 1, 2023, robbery.
On July 1, 2023, at approximately 7:00 p.m., a verbal dispute occurred between the accused and a female victim at the Mary Street residence when it is alleged that the victim was threatened at gunpoint and forced to attend a convenience store, located on Colborne Street to provide money to the accused.
The accused obtained money from the victim and left the scene. No physical injuries were reported by the victim.
Through investigation, officers with the Brantford Police Service located and arrested the accused near Dalhousie Street and Queen Street at approximately 1:30 p.m. on Monday, July 3, 2023.
Information received indicated the accused was in violation of a number of firearm prohibition orders and probation orders.
As a result of the investigation, a 39-year-old woman, who is a resident of Brantford, has been arrested and stands charged with the following Criminal Code offences:
- Adult Carrying Concealed Weapon x 2
- Adult Point Firearm x 2
- Adult Possession of Weapons for Dangerous Purpose x 2
- Adult Firearm -Use While Committing Offence x 2
- Adult Careless Use of Firearm x 2
- Adult Unauthorized Possession of Firearm x 2
- Adult Firearm or weapon: possession contrary to prohibition order x 2
- Adult Robbery with Firearm x 2
- Adult Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm x 2
- Uttering Threats x 2
- Intimidation x 2
- Breach of Probation x 2
The accused was held for bail.