Officers with the Brantford Police Service received a call to report a possible stolen vehicle in the area of Clarence Street and Grey Street at approximately 10:45 a.m. on Thursday, February 16, 2023.
A description of two male suspects was provided to police by an alert citizen. Officers attended and confirmed that the licence plates on the subject vehicle had been previously reported as stolen from another jurisdiction.
After a short foot chase with BPS officers arrested two men and seized a firearm and approximately $112,000 in illegal drugs.
One male suspect was arrested at the scene and one male suspect fled on foot. It was reported that he was in possession of a firearm.
The suspects were quickly located and arrested by members of the BPS uniformed patrol with the assistance of the Emergency Response Team. A loaded, restricted firearm was seized, and stolen plates recovered.
Search incident to arrest located the following:
- Approximately 262 grams of suspected fentanyl with an estimated street value of $104,800
- Approximately 76 grams of suspected cocaine with an estimated street value of $7,600
- Multiple cell phones and weigh scales
The total street value of seized drugs located on the accused was $112,400.
During the incident, a nearby school was temporarily placed into a hold and secure as a precautionary measure.
As a result of this investigation, Cadane SLATER, 22, from Toronto stands charged with the following Criminal Code violation:
- Prohibited Device – Magazine
- Careless Use of a Firearm
- Carry in Unsafe Manner
- Possession of a Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
- Carry Concealed Weapon
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- Firearm in a Motor Vehicle
- Possession of Prohibited/Restricted Firearm/Ammunition
- Possession of Stolen Goods Under $5,000
- Possession for the Purpose Schedule 1-Cocaine, contrary to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
- Possession for the Purpose Schedule 1 -Fentanyl, contrary to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
And Romaine LEE, 33, from Brantford stands charged with the following Criminal Code violation:
- Possession of stolen property under $5000
Both men are to be held for bail.