Matthew Lynch, a 35-year-old man from Brantford, is facing face multiple weapons and drug related charges after the Brantford Police Service executed a search warrant at a residence located on Grand River Avenue on Thursday, January 6.
Members of the Brantford Police Service Uniform Section and the Major Crime Unit entered into a weapons investigation. As a result of the investigation, with the assistance of the Emergency Response Team and uniform patrol officers, a search warrant was obtained and executed at the residence on Grand River Avenue.
The following items were located and seized from the residence:
- Four replica firearms
- Multiple rounds of live ammunition
- A quantity of Canadian currency
- Police duty belt with high-capacity magazines (prohibited devices)
- Stun gun (prohibited weapon)
- Drug trafficking paraphernalia
- Approximately 65.4 grams of suspected fentanyl, with an estimated street value of $16,352
- Approximately 122 grams of suspected methamphetamine, with an estimated street value of $18,330
As a result of this investigation, Lynch stands charged with the following:
- Unauthorized possession of weapon, contrary to the Criminal Code
- Possession of a prohibited device x 2, contrary to the Criminal Code
- Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose, contrary to the Criminal Code
- Possession contrary to order x 4, contrary to the Criminal Code
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking x 2 – contrary to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
Anyone with information on any other drug-related activities is asked to contact the Brantford Police Service at 519-756-0113.