Officers with the Brantford Police Service were dispatched to a parking lot located at West Street and Fairview Drive, after receiving information that a man who was wanted on a warrant had been observed at approximately 11:50 a.m. on Tuesday, December 27, 2022.
The accused was wanted on an outstanding warrant for aggravated assault related to a July 7, 2022, incident.
Police arrived on scene and located the accused on foot, in the parking lot, attempting to evade police. The accused was taken into custody without incident.
Search incident to arrest the located the following in possession of the accused:
- Approximately 22.4 grams of suspected crystal methamphetamine
- Approximately 13.3 grams of a suspected psilocybin
- A digital scale and a quantity of Canadian currency
As a result, a 42-year-old man from Brantford stands charged with the following Controlled Drugs and Substances Act violations:
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking a schedule I substance
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking a schedule III substance
Additionally, the accused has been charged in relation to three break and enter investigations that occurred at retail locations during December 2022 as outlined below:
Date of Occurrence Location Details
December 5, 2022 Lynden Road Storefront window was broken, a quantity of lottery tickets stolen
December 7, 2022 Colborne Street Storefront window was broken, a quantity of lottery tickets stolen
December 27, 2022 Stanley Street Storefront window was broken, a quantity of lottery tickets stolen
A search incident to arrest revealed a large quantity of lottery tickets in possession of the accused. The tickets were previously reported as stolen from the robberies.
As a result of the investigation, the accused also stands charged with the following Criminal Code offences:
- Break, enter a place – commit indictable offence x 3
- Possession of Stolen Goods under $5000 x 3
The accused was held for a bail hearing.