In accordance with provincial regulations and new preventative measures announced on December 17, the following changes to City services and programming will go into effect beginning December 19th, 2021:
Capacity limits in all City facilities will be limited to 50%. This includes Brantford City Hall as well as the Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre (WGSC), Brantford Farmers’ Market and all City owned Community Centres and arenas. Capacity in all spaces including spectator and non-spectator areas, the WGSC fitness Centre and the Centreline Physio, Sports & Wellness clinic will be reduced to 50%.
- Proof of vaccination is required from all entrants to arenas and community centres who are 12+ with proper id
- Face coverings are required
- 2m/6ft physical distancing required
- Link to new screening measures beginning December 20, 2021 – Please visit the City’s Online Newsroom for more details and regular updates.
- 50% capacity limit in spectator and non-spectator areas
- Players can arrive 30 minutes prior to your ice time and need to vacate within 30 minutes following the end of your ice time.
- Dressing rooms are open with masks and 2m/6ft physical distancing required.
- Showers remain available at this time
- Concessions at WGSC/Brantford & District Civic Centre/Lions Park Arena are closed at this time
- WGSC restaurant will be limited to 50% capacity and close by 11:00 p.m.
- Alcoholic beverages will not be served after 10:00 p.m.
- No external food/drink permitted in spectator and non-sport areas of any City facility.
Aquatics and Fitness programs at the WGSC remain open, limited to 50% capacity. Pre-registration will continue to be required for some programming such as Aquafit.
Current programming offerings will continue, limited to 50% capacity at the following facilities:
- Beckett Adult Leisure Centre
- SC Johnson/T.B. Costain Community Centre
- Woodman Park Community Centre
- Doug Snooks Eagle Place Community Centre
- Branlyn Community Centre
- EarlyON Brantford Brant Child and Family Centres
Protect yourself and others
As of Monday, December 20, 2021, COVID-19 booster dose eligibility will expand to those who are 18+ years old and 84 days have passed since their second dose. To book your vaccine appointment, please visit the Brant County Health Unit’s website at www.bchu.org or Ontario’s online booking portal at covid19.ontariohealth.ca. You can also book your COVID-19 vaccine appointment through participating pharmacies at covid-19.ontario.ca/vaccine-locations.
Please continue to follow these important COVID-19 guidelines to keep yourself and others in our community safe:
- Wash your hands frequently, avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, cover coughs or sneezes, clean and disinfect surfaces and stay home if you are sick.
- Wear a face covering in all public enclosed indoor spaces or when physical distancing (2 metres apart from those outside your household) cannot be maintained outdoors to reduce the risk of transmission.
- Book your COVID-19 vaccination through the Brant County Health Unit.