Three Brantford residents are facing multiple firearms and drug-related charges after the Brantford Police Service executed a search warrant at a Colborne Street motel on Tuesday, January 4.
Members of the Brantford Police Service Street Crime Unit and the Criminal Intelligence Unit entered into a drug trafficking investigation and, as a result of the investigation, with the assistance of the Emergency Response Team and uniform patrol officers, a Controlled Drugs and Substances Act search warrant was obtained and executed at the motel.
Officers seized the following:
- a loaded, single-shot shotgun with ammunition
- approx. 2 grams of suspected fentanyl, with an estimated street value of $800
- Canadian currency and other offence related property.
As a result of this investigation, Joel Richard CLELLAND, 30; Kyle Dalton GRUMMETT, 26; and Jennifer Ann Raisa MYCHAILENKO, 33, from Brantford, each stand charged with the following:
- Careless storage of a firearm, contrary to the Criminal Code
- Careless storage of ammunition, contrary to the Criminal Code
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm, contrary to the Criminal Code
- Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized, contrary to the Criminal Code
- Possession restricted firearm with ammunition, contrary to the Criminal Code, and
- Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose, contrary to the Criminal Code
Additionally, Joel Richard CLELLAND, 30, is charged with:
- Possession of a controlled substance, fentanyl, contrary to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.
The accused have been held for bail.