Members of the Brantford Police Service Tactical Intelligence Generating Enforcement and Response Unit (TIGER) completed a drug trafficking investigation on Wednesday, April 27, 2022.
As a result of the investigation, two Controlled Drugs and Substances Act Search Warrants were obtained and executed at addresses located on Colborne Street and Market Street. The search warrants were executed with the assistance of the Brantford Police Service Emergency Response Team and Brantford Police Uniform Patrol Officers.
As a result of the investigation, a 43-year-old Brantford man was arrested. The following illicit drugs and items were located on his person:
- Approximately 46.6 grams of suspected Fentanyl
- Approximately 1.1 grams of suspected Methamphetamine
- Approximately 33 pills of suspected Xanax
- Approximately 44 pills of suspected Hydromorphone
- Large quantity of Canadian Currency
- Digital scale and drug packaging materials
The seized illicit drugs found on his person have an estimated street value of $19,800.
As a result of the search warrants, officers seized the following:
- Approximately 1,018 grams of suspected methamphetamine
- 20 rounds of .45 caliber ammunition
- 15 rounds of 22-25 rifle cartridges
- 2 rounds of .22 caliber ammunition
The estimated street value of the illicit drugs seized as a result of the search warrants is $151,275.
As a result of the investigation, Matthew TAYLOR, 43, of Brantford, stands charged with the following:
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking x 3, contrary to the Controlled Drug and Substances Act
- Possession of a Controlled Substance contrary to the Controlled Drug and Substances Act
- Fail to comply with Probation contrary to the Criminal Code
- Fail to comply with Judicial Release Order contrary to the Criminal Code
- Driving while under suspension contrary to the Highway Traffic Act
The accused has been held for bail.
Anyone who would like to report any information related to criminal activity within the community is asked to contact the Brantford Police Service at 519-756-7050.