A 38-year-old from Norfolk County has been arrested and charged with impaired driving, dangerous driving and stunt driving after passing a police vehicle at more than double the speed limit Friday evening.
On Friday September 15, 2023, at approximately 9:51 p.m., a Brant County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) member initiated a traffic stop on Cockshutt Road near Brant County Road 18. The officer was traveling on Cockshutt Road when a vehicle passed in the same direction at a high rate of speed. The vehicle was stopped after travelling more than 160 km/h in a posted 80 km/h zone. One person was arrested and transported to Brant OPP detachment for testing.
Police have charged 38-year-old Aaron William LOGAN, from Norfolk County with the following offences:
- Operation while impaired – alcohol and drugs,
- Operation while impaired – blood alcohol concentration (80 plus),
- Dangerous Operation,
- Drive Motor Vehicle – Perform stunt – Excessive speed,
- Speeding 50+ Km/h over posted limit and
- Driving motor vehicle with open container of liquor.
The accused has been released from police custody and is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice located in Brantford, Ontario at a later date.