One person is facing numerous criminal charges after Brant County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) members responded to a reported stolen vehicle Monday afternoon in the County of Brant.
Brant County OPP members responded to a reported stolen vehicle driving in the Paris area of Brant County at approximately 4:18 p.m. on Monday December 12, 2022.
It was determined the vehicle was stolen from the City of London. The involved vehicle was located on Powerline Road where it struck a police cruiser before being brought to a stop. One officer was treated for minor injuries. One person was arrested and transported to the Brant OPP detachment for testing.
Police have charged Trevor Allen GOESSELL, 36-years-of-age from London with the following offences:
- Dangerous operation,
- Operation while impaired – alcohol and drugs,
- Operation While Prohibited under the Criminal Code,
- Possession Break in Instruments,
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime under $5000 – in Canada,
- Possession Property Obtained by Crime Over $5,000 – in Canada,
- Driving While Under Suspension (four counts),
- Failure to comply with release order – other than to attend court and
- Theft of Motor Vehicle.
The accused has been remanded into custody following a court appearance on December 13, 2022.