A COVID-19 outbreak was declared at Brantford General Hospital on January 7, 2022.
The outbreak, which was on on the B6 Medical, B7 Medical, and B8 Medical floors, was declared after all units met the definition for outbreak after individuals tested positive for COVID-19.
Visitors are not permitted to the units at this time, unless for compassionate reasons. All safety precautions are in place at BCHS to protect the health and wellness of patients, families, visitors, employees, physicians and volunteers. Safety precautions include:
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection of the environment
- Screening everyone before entering BCHS
- Mandatory masks for all staff and visitors
- Using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Limiting visitors
- Contact tracing of impacted patients, staff and visitors (if applicable) with ongoing appropriate follow-up.
The protection of our staff, physicians and patients remains our top priority at BCHS and we are working diligently to bring a safe and timely end to this outbreak.
BCHS encourages all members of the community to continue following public health protocols and recommendations – wearing masks in public, keeping a safe 2-metre distance from others, cleaning hands regularly and getting vaccinated. By following these simple safety tips, we will be able to keep our communities safe.