A COVID-19 outbreak has been declared on the B7 Medical Inpatient Unit at Brantford General Hospital on April 12, 2022.
The outbreak was declared after two individuals tested positive for COVID-19. Visitors are not permitted to the unit at this time, unless for compassionate reasons.
All safety precautions are in place at BCHS to protect the health and wellness of patients, families, visitors, employees, physicians and volunteers. Safety precautions include:
· Enhanced cleaning and disinfection of the environment
· Screening everyone before entering BCHS
· Mandatory masks for all staff and visitors
· Using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
· Limiting visitors
· Contact tracing of impacted patients, staff and visitors (if applicable) with ongoing appropriate follow-up.
The protection of our staff, physicians and patients remains our top priority at BCHS and we are working diligently to bring a safe and timely end to this outbreak.
BCHS encourages all members of the community to continue following public health protocols and recommendations – wearing masks in public, staying home if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 or feel sick, cleaning hands regularly and getting vaccinated. By following these simple safety tips, we will be able to keep our communities safe.
Going forward, we will not be issuing media releases for every COVID-19 outbreak at BCHS. Instead, all information relating to COVID-19 outbreaks at the Brant Community Healthcare System will be shared on our BCHS COVID-19 webpage.