The County of Brant is holding a two-day Special Meeting of Council regarding revisions made to the Draft New Official plan.
Lands Subject to Policy: All lands located within the municipal boundaries of the County of Brant. As required by Section 26 of the Planning Act, the County of Brant will hold a special meeting to discuss revisions made to the New Draft Official Plan prior to final adoption of the Plan at a Special Meeting of Council. Members of the public are invited to make verbal or written submissions for the Councils’ consideration.
Purpose of Special Meeting: The Policy Planning Team has continued to review all comments submitted on the Draft New Official Plan and is excited to share a revised version which reflects some of the major themes and concerns heard throughout the project.
Thursday, December 2, 2021 at 6pm – Special Meeting of Council – Notice of Public Meeting (online)
- To Hear delegation requests concerning proposed revisions to the Draft New Official Plan and site-specific requests made through the process. Anyone wishing to be a delegation at this meeting is encouraged to submit a request to the County Clerk in advance of the meeting date.
- To provide all site-specific requests made through the Municipal Comprehensive Review and New Official Plan process along with corresponding staff responses.
- To share what we’ve heard through summer and fall 2021 engagement including correspondence received.
Thursday, December 9, 2021 at 6pm – Special Meeting of Council – Public Meeting closed (online)
- To provide an overview on the project and comprehensive updates through a staff report.
- To provide Provincial comments received through the 90-day Ministry review submitted on August 19th, 2021.
- To discuss changes made to the Draft New Official Plan text and schedules released on August 10th, 2021.
- To discuss changes made to the Draft Municipal Comprehensive Review released on August 10th, 2021.
- To provide an overview of timelines and important milestones for the project moving forward and looking to February 2022.
Please note both meetings will begin at 6pm and will allow for electronic participation only YouTube link: to be provided
When will a decision be made? A decision on the New Official Plan has not been made at this point and will NOT be made at the Public Meeting.