One person is facing impaired driving charges after a Brant County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) member initiated a traffic stop early Sunday morning.
A Brant County OPP officer initiated a traffic stop on Magnolia Drive in the County of Brant at approximately 12:10 a.m. on Sunday November 20, 2022.
The officer was on routine patrol in the north end of Paris when they observed a traffic violation. One person was arrested and transported to Norfolk County OPP detachment for testing.
Police have charged Preston NOVAK, 24-years-of-age from Brant County with the following offences:
- Operation while impaired – alcohol or drugs,
- Operation while impaired – blood alcohol concentration (80 plus),
- Disobey stop sign – fail to stop,
- Driving motor vehicle with liquor readily available and
- Drive motor vehicle – no licence.
The accused is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice located in Brantford, Ontario at a later date.