The County of Brant is seeking public input from residents to update the four-year Strategic Plan throughout the month of February.
“With the new Council elected and ready to work, we are looking forward to setting priorities for the next four years,” said David Bailey, Mayor for the County of Brant. “We need you. Join us for an in-person or virtual meeting, fill out the survey and share your hopes, vision, and priorities for Our Future Brant.”
Discussion themes include:
- Green practices
- Arts, culture and heritage
- Sustainable and managed growth
- Economic resilience
- Reliable infrastructure
- Stable and responsible government
- Healthy, safe, and engaged citizens
- Engaging the community
Ways to engage:
- In-person, Open House: February 22, 2023 from 9:30 am – 11:30 am and 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm at the Brant Sports Complex in the LaFarge Meeting Room. Drop in and speak with staff and members of Council about topics that are important to you.
- Virtual meeting: February 23, 2023 from 6:00 – 7:30 pm. Visit www.brant.ca/OurFuture to join the virtual meeting that will include a facilitated discussion.
- Surveys will be mailed to residents the week of February 6, 2023 and available at Customer Service Offices and online at www.brant.ca/OurFuture.
- Leave your questions, ideas and complete the quick poll to share your hopes, vision and priorities at www.brant.ca/OurFuture.
Public engagement closes on February 28, 2023 and the data will be presented to Council in March.
“In 2019, we were very fortunate to have excellent engagement from the community,” said Melissa Connor, Director of Communications and Public Relations. “Over 670 surveys were submitted and hundreds of people participated in the meetings. This valuable input shaped the Strategic Plan and allowed Council to set priorities based on the strong themes that emerged from public input. Do you want more affordable housing options? Should we focus on bringing new businesses to the community? What about green energy? Join us this February and tell us what your passionate about!”
To view the 2019-2023 Strategic Plan and progress, visit www.brant.ca/StrategicPlan.