County of Brant has opened half of their outdoor rinks for residential use, including the rink at Mt. Pleasant Park.
Of the four outdoor rinks in the municipality, Mt. Pleasant Park and the Syl Apps Community Centre are open for use while the remaining two, Axton Park and Sunny Hill Park, remained closed.
Residents are being asked to follow all protocols for outdoor rink usage:
- a maximum of 25 people are permitted at all outdoor rinks.
- A 45 minute time limit will be in place when others are waiting. Please share this space with other members of the community.
- Practice Physical Distancing and keep 6 feet/2 meters from others. We ask that you come back later if physical distancing is not possible.
- Wash or sanitize your hands before and after visiting an outdoor rink.
- Face masks are highly recommended but not required.
- No classes or lessons are permitted at outdoor rinks.
- Use at your own risk – benches/picnic tables will not be sanitized.
Outdoor rinks are volunteer and weather dependent.