The County of Brant is continuing their project to expand fibre-optic Internet throughout the municipality.
Construction of the new high-speed fibre-optic network in the County of Brant is underway and is forecasted to be complete with service fully available to all locations within the project’s footprint by May 2023.
The project covers four separate areas within the County of Brant:
· The northern portion of the project area services the community of Harrisburg and an area northeast of Paris.
· The eastern portion of the project area services the community of Onondaga and an area east of Cainsville and Brantford.
· The central portion of the project area services the communities of Newport and Burtch, as well as an area west of Mount Pleasant along Pleasant Ridge Road/County Road 7.
· The southwestern section of the project area services the communities of Cathcart, Harley, Fairfield Plain, Northfield, and Kelvin.
As well, residents are encouraged to visit the online interactive map to identify if they are located within the SWIFT funded project area. This map is also updated on an ongoing basis to indicate when areas of the project are in-service. Residents can call the service provider, in this case, Xplornet Communications, to schedule an installation.
As a result of fibre-optic installation, several roads will be affected by construction this spring including:
· German School Road (from St. George Road to Harrisburg Road),
· The village of Harrisburg
· East River Road (from McLean School Road to German School Road)
· Deer Run Court
· Blue Lake Road (from East River Road to Clarke Road)
· Clarke Road (from Blue Lake Road to German School Road)
· German School Road (from Clarke Road to Highway #24)