The County of Brant hosted their inaugural meeting of Council on Tuesday, November 15, 2022.
The newly elected officials took their oath of office and were officially sworn in for the 2022-2026 term of Council.
“The event was well attended by elected officials’ family, friends and the community,” said David Bailey, Mayor for the County of Brant. “On behalf of Council, we are so pleased to be serving the County of Brant for the next four years. We have a lot of work ahead of us and we are eager to do this work with and on behalf of the community.”
Incumbent Mayor David Bailey was re-elected.
Councillor positions include:
• Ward 1 (St. George area) – incumbent Councillor John MacAlpine and newly elected Councillor Jennifer Kyle
• Ward 2 (Paris area) – incumbent Councillor Steve Howes and newly elected Councillor Lukas Oakley
• Ward 3 (Paris area) – incumbent Councillor John Bell and incumbent Councillor John Peirce
• Ward 4 (southwest Brant) – acclaimed Councillor Robert Chambers and acclaimed Councillor David Miller
• Ward 5 (southeast Brant) – incumbent Councillor Brian Coleman and newly elected Councillor Christine Garneau.
“We are incredibly fortunate to call the County of Brant home,” said Bailey. “I would encourage all Council members, residents and business owners to get involved in shaping our community.”