The City of Brantford is now offering an online option for submitting and tracking building permit applications.
Applicants can now fill out their building permit application online, digitally attach and submit building plans and drawings, eliminating the requirement for manual submissions and significantly expediting the process.
Cloudpermit allows applicants to track their permit application from beginning to end through the process. If more information is needed or a document is missing, the applicant will receive an automatic email rather than a City staff member having to follow up and track it down. Furthermore, the new process enables applicants to:
- Apply for building permits at any time, from anywhere
- Check the status of a building permit or building inspection (when application status changes, applicants will automatically receive an alert)
- Schedule or cancel building inspections
- Communicate with the City’s building department with time-stamped messages
- Pay for a building permit with a credit card or e-transfer once invoiced
- Request and submit changes to an existing building permit
“We are very pleased to offer this new and modernized option to applicants,” said Andy McMahon, Chief Building Official and Director of Building Services. “The implementation of an e-permitting portal/CloudPermit enables residents to apply for, check the status and book inspections for their permits from anywhere, at any time, making the process much faster and more convenient. It is the quickest option available for having your permit submitted, reviewed and ultimately approved.”
“We are excited for the City of Brantford to benefit from an online building permit process and look forward to being part of their continued success,” added Jarkko Turtiainen, Cloudpermit’s Senior Vice President, North America.”
The City’s Building Department will continue to accept applications in other formats at this time, however, the processing of those applications will take longer than if submitted through the online digital application process. Residents or businesses who require further information are encouraged to call the City at 519.759.4150.