A 19-year-old Brantford man is facing numerous firearms related charges after a recent vehicle theft.
On Wednesday, January 26, 2022, at approximately 5:40 p.m., officers with the Brantford Police Service were dispatched to attend a report of a stolen vehicle from a location on North Park Street.
Through investigation, officers identified the suspect who was located along with the stolen vehicle outside of a Marlborough Street residence.
Upon observing police, the suspect fled into the residence in an attempt to avoid arrest. Officers successfully and peacefully negotiated his apprehension. The suspect was arrested at approximately 5:55 p.m.
Search of the vehicle incident to arrest located a firearm and ammunition. Information received indicated that the suspect was in violation of a valid judicial release order.
The stolen vehicle was recovered.
As a result of the investigation, Bradan Liam CSORDAS, 19, of Brantford, stands charged with the following Criminal Code violations and was held for a bail hearing:
- Take Motor Vehicle Without Consent
- Fail to Comply with Release Order
- Possession of Stolen Goods under $5,000
- Obstruct Peace Officer
- Unauthorized Possession of a Weapon
- Weapons Dangerous
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Careless Storage of Firearm
- Possession of Firearm Knowing it is Unauthorized
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon
- Possession of a Firearm at Unauthorized Place
- Unauthorized Possession in a Motor Vehicle
- Possession of Prohibited Firearm with Ammunition
- Transport Firearm