The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP)-led Provincial Weapons Enforcement Unit (PWEU) and Brant/Oxford OPP Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) have seized numerous firearms in Brantford.
On January 27, 2023 PWEU and CSCU members, assisted by the Brantford Police Tactical Unit, executed a search warrant at a residence on Nelson Street.
Officers seized a semi-automatic handgun and silencer, two revolvers, 27 rifles, hundreds of rounds of ammunition and multiple ammunition magazines.
The investigation began after the Canada Border Services Agency identified a package with suspicious indicators, addressed to the Nelson Street address.
Slawomir BELINA, age 48 of Brantford has been charged under the Criminal Code with:
- Unauthorized Possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm – three counts
- Knowledge of unauthorized possession of firearm – two counts
- Possession of a prohibited device or ammunition
- Unauthorized possession of a weapon
- Breach of firearms regulation-store firearm or restricted weapon – three counts
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited device and unsafe storage
The accused is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Brantford on March 16, 2023.