On Sunday, December 12, 2021, at approximately 5:00 a.m., officers with the Brantford Police Service observed a suspicious vehicle within a parking lot in the area of Colborne Street and Lynnwood Drive.
Officers approached the running vehicle, observed a man in the driver’s seat who was slumped over the steering wheel.
In an effort to confirm the well-being of the driver, officers woke the man. When speaking with the accused, officers observed signs of impairment. Drug paraphernalia was observed in clear view. The accused was then arrested for Operation while Impaired.
The accused was brought before a Drug Recognition Expert for evaluation where it was determined he was impaired by drug.
Search incident to arrest located the following:
- Approximately 14.8 grams of suspected Cocaine, with an estimated street value of $1,480
- Approximately 7 grams of suspected Fentanyl with an estimated street value of $1775
- Brass knuckles
As a result of the investigation, a 51-year-old man from Brantford, stands charged with the following:
- Operation While Impaired contrary to the Criminal Code
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose contrary to the Criminal Code
- 2x Trafficking in Substance contrary to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
Additionally, a license suspension was issued, and the vehicle impounded as per law.