Residents are invited to get active this season by exploring over 100 programs and activities in the new Spring/Summer 2023 Brantford FUN Guide.
The guide will be available online and printed copies are available at several City facilities starting Wednesday, March 22, 2023.
“The Brantford FUN Guide is an important resource for our community and provides information on the many recreational opportunities available to residents of all ages and abilities,” said Kevin Davis, Mayor for the City of Brantford. “Whether you’re interested in sports, fitness classes or simply exploring our beautiful parks and trails, there is something for everyone in this guide.”
The new guide provides helpful information about programming for all ages, including upcoming special events, recreational activities such as swim lessons and ice-skating, day camps, rentals and more. The FUN guide has it all and makes it easy to plan recreational fun for the entire family.
Adults 55+ can enjoy access to drop-in classes and registered programs specifically designed for older adults. Youth will find helpful courses such as babysitting or cooking as well as drop-in gym sports. An abundance of children’s programs and activities will keep kids entertained while learning something new and having fun.
Plenty of free activities are included such as special events like Brantford’s Canada Day, Harmony Square programming, the Nature is the Best Medicine passport program and more.
Copies are available at the following City facilities starting March 22, 2023 or the guide can be reviewed online by visiting www.Brantford.ca/FUNGuide:
- Brantford City Hall, 58 Dalhousie Street
- Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre, 254 North Park Street
- Beckett Recreation Centre, 219 Colborne Street
- Bell Homestead NHS, 94 Tutela Heights Road
- Branlyn Community Centre, 238 Brantwood Park Road
- Doug Snooks Eagle Place Community Centre, 333 Erie Avenue
- EarlyON Family and Learning Centres
- TB Costain SC Johnson Community Centre, 16 Morrell Street
- Walter Gretzky Municipal Golf Course and Learning Centre, 320 Balmoral Drive
- Woodman Park Community Centre, 491 Grey Street
Some programs will require registration at www.Brantford.ca/Activenet or by calling 519-759-4150. Spring and summer programs are already available to review on www.Brantford.ca/Activenet which has a new and refreshed format, making it easier for residents to find what they’re looking for.
Important registration dates:
- Spring and summer program registration begins on March 22 at 7:30 a.m.
- Summer day camp registration begins on April 12 at 7:30 a.m.
- Summer swim lesson registration begins on June 21 at 7:30 a.m.