The Brantford Immigration Partnership (BIP) is holding a Newcomer Welcome Day from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at Mohawk Park Pavillion and Shelter D on Wednesday, August 23, 2023.
Newcomers can learn about valuable programs and services offered by community partners, while enjoying food, refreshments, and entertainment.
The Brantford Immigration Partnership launched in April 2020 to help build a better understanding of the unique perspectives of immigrants, strengthen community partnerships to enhance services, and celebrate inclusion and cultural diversity in our city.
“We are excited to once again host Newcomer Welcome Day in beautiful Mohawk Park,” said David Vujasinovich, Community Development Coordinator at the City of Brantford. “This event aims to connect newcomers within our community and share information about programs and services offered by our partners across all sectors.”
The event will feature an information fair where attendees can learn about key programs and services, along with a variety of family-friendly activities, and entertainment. Children are welcome to bring their bathing suits and cool off in the Sprinklemania Splash Pad. Food and refreshments will be available, while supplies last.
Local agencies in attendance will include:
- Brant County Health Unit
- Brant Haldimand Norfolk Catholic District School Board
- Brant Skills Centre
- Brantford Public Library
- Chamber of Commerce Brantford-Brant
- Community Legal Clinic
- Community Living Brant
- Conestoga College
- Conseil scolaire catholique MonAvenir
- Contact North Grand River
- Grand Erie District School Board
- Grand River Community Health Centre
- Nova Vita Domestic Violence Prevention Services
- St. Leonard’s Community Services
- Tourism Brantford
- YMCA Immigrant Services – Brantford
- Willowbridge Community Services
- Woodview Mental Health and Autism Services
- Workforce Planning Board of Grand Erie