Council members received an update detailing the progress of a series of Council priorities established in 2020 during their final City Council meeting of the 2018-2022 term on October 4, 2022.
Focus was placed on 16 critical actionable goals that Council identified as Tier 1 priorities during the remaining two years of the term. A series of workshops and one on one engagement sessions were held with members of the 2018-2022 Brantford Council and the City of Brantford Leadership Team to define goals and actions required to execute priority initiatives.
Despite the negative impacts of the pandemic on work plans and timelines, significant progress was still made in the last two years, with 77 per cent of Tier 1 actionable goals completed, while 18 per cent of Tier 1 actionable goals are on track and only 5 per cent are delayed.
Examples of completed initiatives include:
- The City’s Official Plan – Envisioning Our City: 2051
- Improving the City’s capacity for by-law enforcement
- Increasing the City’s affordable housing inventory
- Implementing a traffic calming policy across the city
- Enhancing communications to residents
- Completing a Master Servicing Plan to 2041
- Increasing investments in flood mitigation and remediation, and;
- Demonstrating the City’s commitment to environmental leadership through visible projects
City staff will continue to work to realize the desired outcomes for the community. As implementation continues, the next term of Council will assess progress, consider changing circumstances, and adjust identified priorities as necessary.