The City of Brantford’s top priority continues to be the health and safety of our citizens and staff. In accordance with the provincial announcement to move to Step Two in the Roadmap to Reopen, the following changes to City services and programming are currently in effect until further notice.
City facilities that remain open during Step Two
While the following City facilities presently remain open at 50% capacity levels, gathering limits will be strictly enforced to ensure that physical distancing (2 metres/6 feet) is maintained at all times. When inside a public building, you must wear a face covering unless you meet one of the exemptions; for example, doing so would compromise your health.
- 220 Colborne Street
- Bell Homestead National Historic Site retail store by appointment only. Virtual tours still available
- Brantford-Brant Business Resource Centre (by appointment only, please call 519-759-4150)
- Brantford Public Library
- Cemetery services
- City Hall (by appointment only, please call 519-759-4150)
- Farmers’ Market
- Harmony Square skating rink (10-person limit, please visit www.Brantford.ca/RecConnect to reserve your spot)
- Parking Enforcement Office
- Playgrounds and parks
- Provincial Offences Court
- Sanderson Centre for the Performing Arts box office only (ticket holders for postponed events will be contacted by staff with updates)
- T.B. Costain/SC Johnson Community Centre (for child care only)
City facilities that will be closed during Step Two
- Beckett Adult Leisure Centre
- Brantford and District Civic Centre
- Brantford and Area Sports Hall of Recognition
- Branlyn Community Centre
- Doug Snooks Eagle Place Community Centre
- EarlyON Child and Family Centres indoor programming (offering outdoor programs with 10 participants and virtual programs only)
- Glenhyrst Art Gallery of Brant
- Lions Park Arena and Auditorium
- T.B. Costain/SC Johnson Community Centre (with exception of child care)
- Tourism Information Desk
- Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre (with exception of Centreline Physio, Sports and Wellness clinic)
- Woodman Park Community Centre
Brantford City Hall
In response to the provincial government’s move to Step Two of the Roadmap to Reopen to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, Brantford City Hall at 58 Dalhousie Street remains open by appointment only from Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Some examples of services you can receive through appointment are:
- Bulk water refill program
- Commissioning services
- Drop off and pick up of documents for the Building, Planning and Public Works departments
- Marriage licenses
- New dog tag licensing
Please call the Customer Contact Centre at 519-759-4150 or by email at CustomerContact@brantford.ca to make an appointment.
Emergency child care
The provincial government will be providing free emergency child care for school-aged children of health care and other eligible frontline workers beginning January 10, 2022. Learn more and apply at the Brantford Child Care and Early Learning page.
- Monday to Friday Brantford Transit morning rush half-hour service from 6 a.m. to 8 a.m. remains unchanged at this time. Extra services to industrial areas will be provided as available.
- Brantford Lift will continue to operate during regular hours, with passenger limits in place
- Brantford Transit will operate on an hourly schedule (every 60 minutes) Monday to Saturday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday service remains unchanged and will continue to operate hourly from 8 a.m. 8 p.m.
- Brantford Transit evening routes will operate from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. (routes 11,12,13,14 and 15)
- A maximum of 15-17 riders will be permitted on each Brantford Transit bus at any one time
- Select seats will be blocked off so riders are always physically distanced from each other
- Roof vents will be opened to provide better air circulation
Many popular City services can be requested and addressed using one of our comprehensive online forms, meaning you can conveniently request a city service from the comfort of your home. Review the list of Popular City Services available online. Use our online form to report an issue or request a non-urgent City service. For general enquiries, email the Customer Contact Centre or call 519-759-4150.