A Brant County resident is facing numerous criminal charges after what started as a property standards check by County of Brant By-Law and Brant County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) officers, resulted in the recovery of more than $300,000 in stolen property.
On November 21, 2022, Brant OPP members were requested to assist County of Brant By-law officers with a property standards check at a location on Colborne Street East in the County of Brant. While there, officers observed several vehicles that were discovered to be stolen.
Brant County Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) members assisted by Oxford and Haldimand CSCU members executed a search warrant at the same property on the morning of November 22, 2022.
A total of 11 motor vehicles and four trailers were seized as well as four firearms, and a quantity of ammunition. Some of the property was confirmed to be from recent vehicle theft incidents and others from as far back as 2015. The estimated value of all seized items is more than $300,000.
Brandon Joe FERREIRA, 35-years-of-age from the County of Brant has been charged with the following offences:
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000 – in Canada (3 counts),
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5000 – in Canada (9 counts),
- Altering/Destroying/Removing a vehicle identification number,
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm and
- Careless storage of Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited device or ammunition.
The accused is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice located in Brantford at a later date.