One person is facing numerous charges after a member with the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Brant County Detachment initiated a traffic stop Saturday afternoon in Paris.
An officer with Brant County OPP initiated a traffic stop at a commercial property on Paris Road in the County of Brant at approximately 2:07 p.m. on Saturday July 8, 2023.
The officer observed the vehicle driving on Paris Road and initiated the traffic stop to confirm valid licencing and vehicle registration.
One person was arrested and through the course of the investigation, a quantity of suspected drugs and drug paraphernalia were seized.
Police seized 4.3 grams of MDMA (Ecstasy), 1 gram of crystal methamphetamine, 666.2 grams of cannabis, weigh scales, brass knuckles, and stolen property.
Paul Raymond CLARK, 53-years-old from the County of Brant is charged with the following offences:
· Possession of a Schedule II substance for the purpose of Trafficking,
· Possession of a Schedule I Substance- Methylenedioxyamphetamine (Ecstasy),
· Possession of a Schedule I Substance – Methamphetamine,
· Drive vehicle or boat with cannabis readily available,
· Unauthorized Possession of Weapon,
· Possession of an identity document and
· Driving While Under Suspension (two counts).
The accused has been released from police custody and is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice located in Brantford, Ontario at a later date.