A 44-year-old Brantford man faces multiple charges after the Brantford Police Service executed a search warrant at a Colborne Street motel.
On Thursday, January 6, 2022, as the result of a drug trafficking investigation, members of the Brantford Police Service Street Crime Unit and the Criminal Intelligence Unit with the assistance of the Emergency Response Unit, executed a search warrant at a Colborne Street motel.
A search of the room revealed the following items:
- Approximately 0.37 grams of suspected crystal methamphetamine
- Approximately 7.5 grams of suspected fentanyl
- A digital scale
- A bulk amount of Canadian currency
- Drug-packaging material
- Multiple stolen and fraudulent credit cards
As a result of the investigation, Derek Ewan WINTER, 44, of Brantford, stands charged with the following:
- Possession for the Purpose – Schedule 1 – Other Drugs, contrary to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
- Possess – Credit Card Data x 4, contrary to the Criminal Code
- Failure to Comply with Judicial Release Order, contrary to the Criminal Code
Additionally, Jesse David CARTER, 27, of Hamilton, who was located at the scene, stands charged with Failure to Comply with Judicial Release in violation of the Criminal Code.
The accused were held for bail.