On Friday, January 7, 2022, at approximately 8:30 p.m., patrol officers with the Brantford Police Service observed a suspicious vehicle within the parking lot of a motel located on Colborne Street.
Investigation revealed that the licence plate attached to the vehicle was not registered to this vehicle. The vehicle had previously been reported to police as stolen.
The driver of the vehicle was identified, and information was received to indicate that the accused was in violation of a valid release order and driving prohibition.
When speaking with the accused, a false identity was provided to officers.
As a result of this investigation, Jeffery Darryl SHARPE, 35, of Brantford (No Fixed Address), stands charged with the following:
- Possession of Stolen Goods over $5,000 contrary to the Criminal Code
- Failure to comply with Judicial Release contrary to the Criminal Code
- Obstruct a Peace Officer contrary to the Criminal Code
- Failure to Comply with Undertaking contrary to the Criminal Code
- Drive Motor Vehicle while Under Suspension contrary to the Highway Traffic Act
- Use Plate Not Authorized for Motor Vehicle contrary to the Highway Traffic Act
The accused was held for a bail hearing.