Patrol officers with the Brantford Police Service observed a vehicle travelling eastbound on Colborne Street, near Clarence Street, at a high rate of speed, without proper lights at approximately 1:00 a.m. on Sunday, March 14.
The vehicle was observed weaving between lanes, then turned eastbound onto Dalhousie Street, a one-way highway, and began driving the wrong way. A traffic stop was conducted by officers.
In speaking with the driver, officers observed signs of impairment. The accused was subsequently arrested and transported to provide samples of breath as required by law. Both samples provided were over the legal limit.
As a result of the investigation, a 24-year-old woman from Vienna, Ontario, stands charged with the following:
- Operation While Impaired, contrary to the Criminal Code
- Operation While Impaired – Blood Alcohol Concentration, contrary to the Criminal Code
- Drive Wrong Way – One Way Traffic, contrary to the Highway Traffic Act
- Drive Without Proper Rear Light – Motor Vehicle, contrary to the Highway Traffic Act
- Speeding 90km/h In A 50km/h Zone, contrary to the Highway Traffic Act
Additionally, the accused’s license was suspended, and the vehicle impounded as per law.